Regional Sport Victoria’s Commitment to Child Safety
RSV is committed to helping create safe, supportive, and protective sporting environments for children and young people across regional Victoria.
- Has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Makes a commitment to children’s rights, safety and wellbeing.
- Actively works to listen to and empower children in the organisation.
- Is guided by the:
- Cultural safety of Aboriginal children
- Cultural safety of children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Safety of children with a disability
RSV is committed to supporting its members, the Regional Sports Assemblies to create safe, supportive and protective sporting environments for children and young people across regional Victoria.
If you require assistance or would like to talk to a trained professional, please call Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 or Lifeline on 131 114. If you believe a child is in immediate danger please call Police on 000.
- If a person is concerned about an immediate risk to a Child’s safety, the person must phone Police on “000” as soon as practicable.
- Any person who believes on reasonable grounds that a child is in need of protection from any form of child abuse, may disclose that information to the Police, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) or the Commission for Children & Young People (CCYP – https://ccyp.vic.gov.au/report-an-allegation/).