RSV Youth Engagement
In 2020/2021 Regional Sport Victoria (RSV) undertook a consultation process that has seen the formation of RSV’s first ever Youth Advisory Committee as well as the consultation of other youth focused organisations and young people residing in regional Victoria. The implementation of this consultation with our Youth Advisory Committee is a commitment from our member bodies to proactively seek opportunities to provide meaningful participation options to young people in the planning and development of their programs and initiatives.
RSV wants to ensure young people are acknowledged, engaged and empowered using sport and active recreation as a vehicle to provide meaningful and relevant participation opportunities. During the consultation process with the RSVYAC we have learnt:
- Young people want the opportunity to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Young people want the opportunity to be involved in a meaningful way.
- Young people need equitable and inclusive support to be able to achieve.
- Youth work is a collaborative process.
- It is important to share the results of your consultations and offer opportunities for young people to be involved in seeing the process through.