Community Sport Flood Recovery
This page is intended to provide a summary of resources for community sport and active recreation Clubs.Content updated 23 November 2022
How clubs can get help
Through the new Community Sport Flood Recovery program, clubs and associations will be able to receive help in getting back to playing sport as quickly as possible.
It is important that, in such a difficult time, club volunteers can have access to the information they need to assist with the recovery process.
When clubs are ready to return to sport, you will be able to receive support from our friendly, knowledgeable and supportive team. Our team consist of members of our Member Regional Sports Assemblies, based across regional Victoria and understanding of the challenges you face in resuming sport.
We’re ready to support you with queries on completing the clean-up, resuming competitions, grant opportunities and so much more.
To access support please use the link below, fill in your contact details, and a member of our friendly team will be in touch to assist you.
Victorian Government Flood Recovery Hotline
The Victorian Flood Recovery Hotline is a single state-wide number for Victorians affected by the October 2022 floods. It can help with:
- navigating available support
- temporary accommodation
- mental health and wellbeing support.
The Flood Recovery Hotline is open from 7.30am to 7.30pm every day.
To be directed to the Victorian Government October 2022 Flood Recovery Page: https://www.vic.gov.au/october-2022-flood-recovery
Recovery and wellbeing support
We appreciate that this is a challenging time for our community. There are many support services available to assist you, including:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 – crisis support available 24/7 via phone, text or online chat
- Parentline – 13 22 89 – support for parents and carers
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 – support for kids, teens and young adults
- NURSE-ON-CALL – 1300 60 60 24 – expert health information and advice
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Service – 1800 333 497
- Safe Steps – 1800 015 188 – family violence specialists available 24/7
- Orange Door – access services for adults, children and young people who are experiencing family violence
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs – 1300 375 330 – book an in-person or telehealth appointment for anyone who feels overwhelmed or needs support with mental health concerns.
Who is involved?
We thank our member Regional Sports Assemblies who have opted-into this Program.